Diameter Load Balancer
Network Scalability with Effective Resource Use
Operators must be careful to scale their network in the most cost effective approach as possible. The key way to accomplish this is to scale the Diameter control plane with Diameter load balancing, as opposed to scaling the data transport layer.
However, the Diameter control plane faces scalability and control challenges due to:
- Increased data traffic, resulting from advanced data and service-centric networks such as LTE and IMS
- Increased signaling from new services, policy and new charging models
- Fragmentation of the control plane into a growing number of network functions.
To enable cost-effective network scalability, service introduction and effective data traffic management, operators need to adopt a Diameter control plane that uses Diameter load balancing into their network architecture.
Traffix SDC Diameter Load Balancer: Solving Scalability Issues for Cost-effective Growth
Find out more by right clicking and choosing save as (or save link as / save file as) to download our SDC product brochure (PDF) & SDC data sheet (PDF). You can also open the PDFs in your browser by clicking the links. Another useful piece of content: our new whitepaper (top right).
Telecom operators deploy the Traffix SDC Diameter Load Balancer to achieve linear, non-disruptive scalability, high availability and service assurance by efficient use of the relevant network elements. Using native-Diameter session-oriented, load balancing technology, the SDC enables operators to distribute Diameter signaling traffic across multiple servers based on various load balancing policies, including support for session stickiness and business decisions, and subscriber and service aware contextual load balancing strategies. Empowering operators with virtually unlimited network scalability, Traffix SDC Diameter Load Balancer gives operators the most cost-effective and operationally efficient path to predictable growth of a profitable network in the short and long term.
- Simplified network management and increased security
- Minimal risk in deployment of a field proven product
- Support for over 50 Diameter interfaces, and easily adapted to support new or proprietary Diameter interfaces
- Future proof with the new Diameter base support (RFC 3588 bis)
- Multiple layer 5-7 adaptive load balancing schemes
- Load balance Diameter traffic based on any AVP field, combination or content
- Advanced dynamic health monitoring, load detection, sharing and avoidance algorithms
- The market’s first native Diameter load balancer