Signaling Delivery Controller (SDC)
Moving to LTE: Let Technology Work for You with the Signaling Delivery Controller
Extracting the Added-Value of Diameter Protocol
How carriers can meet their subscribers’ exploding demand for mobile services with an optimal business and operational strategy? Enter the Signaling Delivery Controller (SDC), a market-first, single platform consolidating Traffix’s widely deployed Diameter Gateway, Diameter Load Balancer and Diameter Router solutions to answer telecom providers’ needs for cost-effective connectivity, scalability and control in their migration to 4G (LTE, HSPA etc.) networks.
The SDC is a 3rd generation, mature, field-proven product, reflecting the Diameter DNA of Traffix. As a single Diameter platform fully compliant with 3GPP standards, the Traffix SDC enables operators to save up to 70% on OPEX and CAPEX with a future-proof, end-to-end solution. Operators benefit from higher mobile data performance and an optimized experience for subscribers. Traffix SDC offers fully-featured solutions including interoperability of legacy and next-generation networks, mobile and fixed elements, and all third-party vendors.
Right click and save as (or save link as / save file as) to download our SDC product brochure (PDF) & SDC data sheet (PDF). You can also open the PDFs in your browser by clicking the links. Another useful piece of content: our new whitepaper (top right).
Diameter DNA – the Diameter Experts
Since 2005, Traffix Systems has been leading the Diameter control plane market with a range of Diameter products and solutions for LTE and IMS networks. Traffix’s technology has set the industry benchmark for Diameter control plane products, with more than 100 deployments throughout the world including most of the world’s Tier 1 operators.
In line with the company’s vision of Diameter as the primary technological driver behind the most effective implementation, service launch and performance of 4G networks, Traffix is solely focused on Diameter, developing and delivering the most advanced, robust and cost-effective Diameter products to the market. Traffix gathered a team of seasoned R&D professionals who have proven experience in developing products for the telecommunications industry. Each one brings to Traffix deep expertise in telecommunications, and in building scalable and highly available systems.
The Traffix SDC is a 3rd generation Diameter signaling solution that has unmatched product maturity in its three years as a commercial router and dozens of live deployments. As the market’s only full Diameter routing solution combining 3GPP DRA, GSMA DEA and 3GPP IWF, the SDC platform goes far beyond industry standards’ requirements. With unbeaten performance and ROI ratios of value/cost and capacity/footprint, it benefits operators’ balance sheets as well as operational requirements.
Deploying the Signaling Delivery Controller (SDC)
When operators deploy the Signaling Delivery Controller, they benefit from an “all-in-one platform” consisting of:
- Core Router with a DRA (Diameter Routing Agent) for failover management and efficiency
- Edge Router with a DEA (Diameter Edge Agent) for roaming and interconnecting with security
- Diameter Load Balancer for unlimited scalability enabling cost-effective growth
- Diameter Gateway for seamless connectivity between all network elements, protocols, and interfaces to enable multi-protocol routing and transformation
- WideLens to benefit from network visibility for immediate identification and root cause analysis of network problems, capacity planning and providing KPIs to marketing
- Network analytics for context-awareness and subscriber intelligence
- Diameter testing and simulation tool for continual monitoring of network performance and operation
Technically surpassing all, here is a short list of its outstanding capabilities:
- Top-down, purpose-built architecture design for network-wide Diameter signaling
- Enhanced signaling congestion and flow control and failover management mechanisms
- Enhanced signaling admission control, topology hiding and steering mechanisms
- Advanced context-aware routing, based on any combination of AVPs and other dynamic parameters like network health or time
- Advanced Session Binding capabilities beyond Gx/Rx binding
- Comprehensive testing tool suite for Diameter testing automation including stress and stability of all Diameter scenarios
- Supports all existing Diameter interfaces (50+) and seamlessly supports adding new ones
- Supports widest range of message oriented protocols for routing, load balancing and transformation (e.g. SS7, SIP, RADIUS, HTTP/SOAP, LDAP, GTP’, JMS and others)
- Field-proven, highly scalable solution with field-proven linear scalability achieved via Active/Active deployment mode that exemplifies single node from connected peers perspective
- Supports SCTP,TCP, TLS, IP-Sec, IPv4, IPv6
- Runs on off-the-shelf hardware